Search this site - powered by
In the Beginning
The Long Island Rail Road Station
Maple Grove Cemetery and Vicinity
Homes of Kew
Lefferts Boulevard and Vicinity
Queens Boulevard and Vicinity
Metropolitan Avenue and Vicinity
Kew Garden Apartments
Kew Gardens in the News
PS99 Photographs and More
Where Are They?
Kew Gardens Improvement Association
Links to Other Web Sites of Interest
Pictures dated c. 1905 and 2001
Click images to enlarge
84th Avenue used to be called Division Avenue, later St. Anne's Avenue. It was considered to be the dividing line between Kew Gardens and Richmond Hill. Here, Division runs from left to right; Lefferts Avenue (Boulevard) curves off into the distance. You are looking north.
In the picture postcard, the house on the right belonged to a man named Amos Aller. It was in his house that the Union Congregational Church of Richmond Hill was founded in 1884.
Carl Ballenas and Nancy Cataldi,
Images of America - Richmond Hill
, p. 79 (Arcadia Publ. 2002)
Early 1900's View of 84th Avenue
Another early 1900's View of 84th Avenue
Union Congregational Church in Richmond Hill, NY