Search this site - powered by
In the Beginning
The Long Island Rail Road Station
Maple Grove Cemetery and Vicinity
Homes of Kew
Lefferts Boulevard and Vicinity
Queens Boulevard and Vicinity
Metropolitan Avenue and Vicinity
Kew Garden Apartments
Kew Gardens in the News
PS99 Photographs and More
Where Are They?
Kew Gardens Improvement Association
Links to Other Web Sites of Interest
Pictures dated c. 1920 and 2007
Click images to enlarge
The Kew Gardens Inn
Now the site of the Crossroads Tower at Queens Boulevard and Union Turnpike, the Inn was the 1926 marital abode of Edward "Daddy" Browning (a wealthy, aging businessman) and his 15 year old wife nicknamed "Peaches". Their divorce led to one of New York City's biggest scandals.
Originally named the Kew Gardens Inn, it was extensively renovated in early 1939 and changed its name to the Kew Gardens Hotel. The hotel closed on January 1, 1941 and reopened as the Kew Gardens General Hospital.
Kew Gardens: Urban Village in the Big City
, pp. 9, 19 - 20 (Kew Gardens Council for Recreation and the Arts 1999)
The Kew Gardens Inn (Another Page)
Future Site of the Austin Arms Apartments (1925)