|GUESTBOOK | BACK|
The Last Queens Boulevard Trolley Car (1937)
by AL LINSKY
An important piece of Kew Gardens history is captured in the attached photo of the last Queens Boulevard trolley car to make the run between 2nd. Avenue and 59th. Street in Manhattan to 109th. Avenue and 158th. Street in South Jamaica.
The July 20th, 1937 image was taken on Queens Boulevard between Union Turnpike and Van Wyck Boulevard in Kew Gardens while passing Maple Grove Cemetery.
The route, which began in 1913, was owned by the Manhattan and Queens Traction Company and was replaced by the newly formed Manhattan and Queens Bus Corporation which eventually became a subsidiary of Green Bus Lines.
Photo credit; Frank Pfuhler